LOVEYERGUTS LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
5 eggs at room temperature
3/4 cup Natvia (stevia)
1/2 cup of melted butter (substitute with melted coconut oil for dairy free)
2 cups almond flour or almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup powdered stevia or icing sugar whisked together with 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180degC and line a loaf tin (23cm x 13cm/9in x 5in) with baking paper
2. Whisk together eggs, Natvia, melted butter and lemon juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and lemon zest and stir to combine.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir for around 2 minutes to make sure the coconut flour fibre absorbs the moisture.
5. Transfer the cake mix to your lined loaf tin and smooth the surface
6. Place the loaf tin in the centre of your oven and bake for 15 minutes at 180degC fan bake before turning the oven down to 160degC fan bake and loosely cover the tin with a sheet of foil which will prevent the cake browning too much before it’s cooked through. Keep baking the cake for a further 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack.
8. Drizzle the lemon glazing over the cake when it has cooled to room temperature
To serve, slice the cake and enjoy by itself or with a dollop of Greek yoghurt. This cake will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.