COCONUT FLOUR PEANUT BUTTER & CHOC CHIP COOKIES
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup Natvia/stevia (if you don’t have Natvia, you can use brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180degC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs with Natvia and the vanilla extract. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
3. Put peanut butter in a separate bowl. If it is a firm peanut butter, we suggest you blend with a tablespoon of olive oil to moisten to give a loser texture.
4. Pour the beaten egg mixture into the peanut butter and whisk vigorously to combine into a smooth batter.
5. Stir through the chocolate chips
6. Add the coconut flour and combine. The resulting dough will be sticky and heavy but this is what you want.
7. Form 8 to 10 cookie balls and place on the baking tray. We suggest you use a couple of spoons to do this or grease your hands to avoid a sticky situation!
8. Make sure there is 3 cm between cookie balls on the tray. Grease a fork and press down on the cookie balls to flatten.
9. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are golden around the edges.
10. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
11. Ideally, leave the cookies to rest for 3 hours to develop a hard, chewy texture but it may be difficult waiting that long to taste test!
Storage: Up to 4 days in an airtight container or suitable for freezing.