HOT CROSS BUN FRENCH TOAST WITH CARAMELIZED BANANAS & FIGS
Ingredients (to make 2 serves)
2 free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
Pinch cinnamon, plus extra to dust the final dish with
2 hot cross buns (preferably a day or two old)
1 banana sliced
4 figs gently torn in half
1 handful almonds to garnish
2 tablespoons plain yoghurt to serve
1 glug of olive oil
1. Heat a frying pan to medium- high heat, add the olive oil and bring to a light sizzle.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk together, adding a pinch of cinnamon and the vanilla extract.
3. Cut the hot cross buns in half and dip both sides of the halves in the egg mixture.
4. Add the egg dipped hot cross buns to the heated frying pan and cook for 2-5 minutes, turning half way through, until golden brown and toasty.
5. Add the sliced banana to the frying pan and caramelise.
Serve the French toast hot cross buns & caramalised banana with the figs, almonds and plain yoghurt. Dust with cinnamon.