LOW CARB CARROT CAKE
5 eggs - medium
200 g butter melted
3 tbsp Natvia (stevia) or more, to your taste
2 tsp vanilla
300 g carrots grated/shredded
50 g walnuts chopped, optional
50 g shredded/desiccated unsweetened coconut
150 g almond meal/flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1-2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ginger (optional)
2 tsp baking powder
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 g cream cheese
1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
Zest of a lemon (optional)
Low Carb Carrot Cake
1. Beat eggs, melted butter, sweetener, and vanilla together.
2. Add grated carrot, walnuts, and coconut then mix almond meal/flour, spices and baking powder.
3. Pour into a greased and lined tin. Bake at 180C/350F for 40-50 minutes or until a fork pushed in, comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Warm the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften it.
2. Stir in 1-2 tbs sweetener of choice.
3. You could also add some lemon zest to give it more flavour. This would add a small number of carbs.
4. Cover with cream cheese frosting.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy! Credit to Ditch the Carbs for the recipe.